Weight: 11 lbs. 15.5 oz. (75th percentile)
That's 1 lb. 9.5 oz and 1.5 inches in 27 days! That's my girl! Go boobs! Take that nervous pediatrician! Anyway... Here are the vital updates on the big Z-O-E:
- Zoe is clearly growing - and she is happy and alert when she's not sleeping (although, she is usually still sleeping...). She loves to smile and her smile is usually accompanied by sticking her tongue out.
- She lives in this perpetual cycle of sleep, eat, sleep, eat, smile engage, repeat. She will adjust each step's length/intensity according to her surroundings and circumstance - and only gets fussy if she is forced to stray too far from that cycle.
- She is wearing 3-6 month clothes - the NB stuff is long put away and the 0-3 and 3m clothes barely fit. She is out of NB diapers, but the one-size ones are still too big - so we are bridging the gap with fitteds and a few small covers.
- She is joining us as we hit summer hard (playgrounds, amusement parks, swimming, walks) - but she mostly sleeps through it in a carrier.
- She still seems to have a laid-back personality. Patiently waiting her turn when Leo needs are being met, falling asleep without much help, checking out the world around her happily. The other day both jb and I were busy (one up to elbows in dishes, the other putting in a load of laundry) and Leo was *screeching* that he needed a napkin over and over (the kid does not like it when his hands are dirty). Zoe was just calmly watching the scene in front of her and I swear - if she had a thought bubble, it would read, "Dudes, really sorry I can't walk, yet. I'd totally get him that napkin."
- Zoe is often wearing hand-me-downs from Leo so she is regularly mistaken for a little boy. We joke that obviously she is a little lady - what with all the grunting, burping and mousies. Not to mention her (adorably) hairy shoulders and bum.
- Naptime is going great. Nine times out of ten Zoe will fall into a deep sleep right before it's time to put Leo down. I can put her in her swing/bouncer/bassinet and give Leo my full attention as I put him down.
- Bedtime is not as simple. Usually I will try to nurse Zoe as much as possible during dinner/bath time for Leo. Then jb (or Uncle Daniel if jb is working late) will hold Zoe while I put Leo down for bed. She isn't thrilled about this because she is ready for bed too - but will NOT fall deeply asleep beforehand. If Leo doesn't fall asleep in under 30 mins then Zoe joins us and soon enough Leo drifts off to sleep. Not long after that Zoe falls into a deep sleep that is only broken for a nurse break or two until the next morning. It's almost perfect. That overlap is just a little tricky because both want ME to put them (nurse them) to sleep. Leo is now only nursing a max of 10 mins at bedtime - so perhaps we can transition to jb and I trading places rather than me juggling both.
|Making Pops proud in her Cowboys gear|
- I am a virtual pro at getting them both out of the house!
|MamaWho at www.mamahearsawho.wordpress.com|
|These pics courtesy of:|
- We had our first appointment at our new doctor's office today. We are seeing a nurse practitioner at a family practice - and I LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE her. I can't believe we didn't switch sooner. I should write a whole post just on that. Actually, I totally will - so enough about that for now.
|Those NB diapers are barely hanging on|
- She loves Leo. And Leo loves her. And it's everything I hoped sibling-ness would be. It's amazing to watch. I hope they love and have each other for many, many years to come.
|Zoe + Swing Mobile = BFFs|